[Noisebridge-discuss] Machine Learning seminars?

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Fri Dec 12 09:03:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 12:31:25AM -0800, Josh Myer wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 07:04:26PM -0800, Ian wrote:
> > Yah I can do it next wed. Do/should we prepare anything?
> >

> I don't think anything's needed beyond thinking about that list of
> questions.  Depending on how many people are there, we could wrap up
> with show-and-tell, if people have 3 minute demos or something in
> mind.

Ah, sorry about that, I wasn't clear.  There was a list of
self-introduction questions I sent around in the email earlier.  With
luck, we'll go around the room, each saying who we are, what we know,
and what kinds of stuff we want to do.  From there, we can do some
self-organziation.

The original email is reproduced at
  https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php?title=Machine_Learning
for the time being (that page will change next Wednesday, hopefully).

For convenience, here's the list again:

What is your name?
What is your background in ML? (none/some/lots/I'm Judea Pearl)
What would you want to learn?
What would you want to create?
What would you want to teach?
Do you have data?  Can you describe it in a paragraph?
How/when do you want to work with other people?

(And the new question is: do you have any swank, short demos?  Those
would be an awesome way to wrap up the first meeting.)
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com