[Noisebridge-discuss] Hackerspaces: The Beginning - An invitation to include your hackerspace in the first hackerspace book.

astera astera at hackerspaces.org
Wed Dec 17 22:14:40 UTC 2008

On 17.12.2008, at 22:12, Seth David Schoen wrote:

> Meredith L. Patterson writes:
>
>> Seth David Schoen wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm skeptical of "quius", which I've never seen and can't find in
>>> Lewis and Short at all.  I think this might be a corrupted version
>>> of
>>> "quidque operat".  "Quidque" is one Latin word for "whatever".
>>
>> The person who translated it claimed it was a contraction of
>> "quisquis",
>> which also means "whatever".
>
> That makes sense, but I don't think that contraction is standard.
> (Also, "quisquis" is masculine, so it would be used much more often
> to mean "whoever".)

Maybe being sent to a classical philologist school makes sense once in
a lifetime, so let a European throw in her 5c as well:
I'd go for 'quidquid operatur' - quidquid standing for whatever,
operatur being passive form, 3rd pers. sing.
As in: 'Ergo quidquid operatur natura, etiam deus operatur.'

Cheers,
/astera