[Noisebridge-discuss] The Last HOPE, call for papers

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 26 23:51:27 UTC 2008

For those interested, The Last HOPE is a really great (IMHO) hacker conference that happens every two years in New York City.  (HOPE = Hackers On Planet Earth).  This year's is July 18th through July 20th.  The website just went live, and the call for papers is up:
http://www.thelasthope.org/

Think up something good, and talk about it at HOPE!  Or, just show up and be part of a cool hackers conference.  Volunteers are also needed.

This may or my not be the last HOPE, but the Hotel Pennsylvania, where it has been held for the last 14 years, is being torn down, or so are the building's owners' desires.

FYI, I'll be giving a talk there, as well as an ongoing workshop teaching people how to make cool things with microcontrollers (including teaching how to solder), and hopefully giving more people the hardware bug.

Mitch.