[Noisebridge-discuss] RE: noisebridge money stuff

Matt Peterson matt at peterson.org
Fri Feb 8 17:31:36 UTC 2008

As noted in the thread - the preference is a credit union or bank that
isn't a big major 3 - First Republic would fine.

I suggested US Bank, which I've used in my past DBA'ism - as they
offer a no-monthly-fee account <http://www.usbank.com/cgi_w/cfm/small_business/products_and_services/checking/checking_acct_comp_sb.cfm
 >.  I'm agnostic with this vs. USAA or even Redwood CU.  In my
personal world I have both a CU and typical bank; with the bank being
useful for international traveling w/ a 24/7 call number to up limits
(silly US to Euro conversion).  This doesn't apply to us but wire
transfers in from Europe might be a metric to weight against.
Initially we're shooting for a Paypal account and another other form
of automatic deposits, likely standard bank transfers.

I agree with Marc's suggestion to avoid interest accounts at this
point to keep the tax situation as easy as possible.