[Noisebridge-discuss] more viewings

mindwarp at sdf.lonestar.org mindwarp at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Jul 28 23:52:40 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

I've just set up preliminary viewings for two spaces, 185 Clara and 880
Harrison (see Potential Locations page). It's actually going to take only
one visit to view both, as the two spaces are in the same
building/complex and managed by the same agency.

They both look worth checking out (obviously). 185 Clara seems nicer from
the pictures; lots of natural light and other details I personally found
pleasing, but its bathroom (which is equipped with a shower) would be
shared with the tenants of other units on the same floor (see floor plans
at http://www.project880.com/185clara.html). 880 Harrison has more the
classic "industrial" look and no natural light I can see (looks like
soul-sucking neon lights, in fact) but seems spacious and it has its own,
completely private, bathroom with shower.

I will be viewing the spaces tomorrow at 12 noon; I realize that this is
little to no advance notice and probably nobody else will be able to come
with (although if you are willing and able, please do so!) but I wanted to
see it before the meeting so I would have something concrete to talk
about.

My phone contact was Craig (landlord or agent); I let him know that this
is only a preliminary viewing and I'd be back with more people if one of
the spaces turns out to be a serious candidate, he was OK with that and
said that Friday would be the next available opportunity to do so.

Anyone interested in coming, please email me or msg mindwarp on
#noisebridge IRC. Meeting time and place: Tuesday July 29th, 12 noon, 880
Harrison St main entrance. Otherwise, see you at the meeting in the
evening.

~mw