[Noisebridge-discuss] california: VOTE TODAY!

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 20:20:06 UTC 2008

Thanks for that, Marc.  I do mail-in voting, and already voted, but as it happened, I voted almost exactly the same as your suggestions -- the exceptions are that I voted no on 99 (as well as no on 98 -- a friend of a friend pointed out that there may be times, such as for a new mass transit line or a park or a toxic clean-up, where the state may need to use eminent domain and use outside contractors, which is why I voted no on 99), and I voted for Leno (that was a hard choice for me).  Remarkably, I had the exact same list of Dem council members.

I hope everyone will consider taking the time to vote today.

Mitch.

---------------------> Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 10:34:18 -0700> From: marc at foodhacking.com> To: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net> Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] california: VOTE TODAY!> > don't forget to vote today! secret california primary, here's an easy> voter guide:> http://www.theballot.org/2008/sf/> > me and my friends made it- print it out and take it with you to the polls,> but vote however you like!!> > this is an off-season election (california's THIRD this year) so it will> be decided by reliable voters- eg old republicans- so don't forget to go> out and vote!!> > rent control is on the ballot (vote no on prop 98 to save it, as well as> environmental construction restrictions)- and so is affordable housing> (YES on F for FAIR, NO on G for GREED!)> > thanks for voting!! hacking is political whether you like it or not :)> > -marc> > _______________________________________________> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss