[Noisebridge-discuss] Cold Boot Attacks on Disk Encryption

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 18:12:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Jacob Appelbaum <jacob at appelbaum.net> wrote:
>  Yeah, we noticed the release of the software. It's funny, the usb
>  scraper with syslinux is probably the easiest of all. His memory
>  footprint for that looks kinda large.

Yeah, and it'll whack a bunch of useful memory in the process.  I'm
thinking best bet would be something like a slim/micro Linux kernel
with uclibc and busybox.  I don't know what you guys used because it
wasn't shown in the paper.  You could take it even further with
minimization, but this is the easiest slimming first step.  Perhaps a
few new kernel patches could do it with a very slim footprint...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen