[Noisebridge-discuss] Combining efforts?

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Thu May 15 16:26:15 UTC 2008

Hi Ben,

Thanks for posting to the email list.  This discussion list is a better place to bring out ideas for more Noisebridge people than the IRC, since lots of people in Noisebridge, myself included, rarely or never go on our IRC channel (and I don't think there are people on the IRC who aren't on this list).

There may be a lot of overlap for what our two groups are up to.  There may be differences, too.  Noisebridge and Collab21 are both about community.  As a non-profit organization, Noisebridge is specifically not about making money.  If I read the website correctly, it looks like Collabe21 as an organization is about providing a community space where people can make money doing their work, while the organization is itself is not about making money.  Even if Collab21 and Noisebridge end up not sharing the same space, it sounds like there may be people who would want to be in both groups.

Please do come to a meeting and share what you know of Collab21.  I, for one, would like to know more, and I'd guess there are others in Noisebridge who would also be interested.

Cheers,
Mitch.