[Noisebridge-discuss] when we're gone... (with a little fishbowl workshop news)

jim jim at well.com
Thu Nov 6 06:06:52 UTC 2008

   occasionally i show up and go into the fishbowl
workshop.... i have a question:

   can we treat each other excellently when we're
not there? alternately asked: is it possible that
we can fail to treat each other excellently when
we're not there?
   in other words, if we fiddle with some stuff
and then wander away leaving things all over the
place, have we failed to treat excellently the next
persons who come into the room?
   if so, could we please put our stuff away so
the next personages are treated excellently?

---------a little fishbowl workshop news:

   if you think you're missing some things you'd
had lying around in the workshop, look at the
back edges of the surfaces: that's where i moved
things in my today's attempt at neatness.
   NOTE: skory's electronic antiquities all work!
they're now up on the shared shelf, above the bag
of rocks (just outside the fishbowl workshop).
they include an audio generator, radio frequency
generator, vacuum tube multimeter, reverb mixer,
and op amp breadboard.
   i was struck by the generosity of people
who've contributed scopes, meters, tools,
resistors, semiconductors, etc., so i loosened my
own tight ass and left a little power supply there
(yellow box, crude but it works).
   note that one of skory's antiquities is an op
amp building gizmo, with breadboard, +5VDC,
+/- 15VDC, three switchable three-pole contacts,
a 5KOhm pot and a 100 KOhm pot. nice little
breadboard tool.
   i'm thinking of somehow constructing some kind
of shelves under the work surfaces so's to be able
to store a bunch of stuff there, for example, a
couple of dozen soldering irons....