[Noisebridge-discuss] RepRap Chassis Team Status

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Mon Nov 17 19:01:19 UTC 2008

Hey All,

John did a magnificent job cutting our aluminum on Friday, despite the fact
that I bailed on him.  Go John, you rock!

This week, we need to get the pieces drilled and the basic frame screwed
together.  I should have printed labels at 83c tonight or tomorrow morning,
and hope to do at least some of the drilling before the meeting tomorrow.

The last remaining piece in the chassis part of this project is the acrylic
bits, which need to either (a) be purchased at Tap and cut on a laser cutter
or (b) be ordered as a kit from the RRRF.  I've been waffling on this in the
hopes that a laser cutter would appear... so if you have one, let me know.
The RRRF kit isn't all that expensive ($125) but (a) I'd rather do it
ourselves and (b) it's reputed to take a while.

If someone has access to a laser cutter -- or, even better, wants to take on
the project of getting the acrylics cut -- I'd love to hear from you.

More next week,

--S

--
Shannon Lee