[Noisebridge-discuss] Re: Linear feet of glass?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Nov 18 05:51:41 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 05:22:25PM -0800, David Molnar wrote:
> One last thing came up for the general liability quote. We need plate
> glass coverage. Does anyone have an estimate for how many linear feet of
> plate glass we have at 83C?

I don't know for sure what our underwriters consider a "linear foot" of
glass.  ("How long is an acre?")  But an internet search implies that
they are interested in the horizontal extent of our exterior glass.

83c has four windows with a total horizontal extent of 13 feet (two
5'x8' windows side by side, and two 3' wide windows stacked, total
vertical size 8' as well.  All of the windows are at least 8' above the
sidewalk, and the two large ones have grates.

-andy