[Noisebridge-discuss] bank transfer of dues, someone did this, right?

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Fri Nov 7 22:25:53 UTC 2008

Rachel McConnell writes:

> I recall an email going by from someone who had set up an automatic
> monthly transfer to Noisebridge.  I can't find the email, would whoever
> sent it be kind enough to either resend or reply with the subject line,
> or date, or something?

I sent a bank transfer of my dues, but it wasn't an automatic recurring
transfer.  I'm a Wells Fargo customer and I was able to use the feature
in Wells Fargo On-line "Account Services / Transfer to a Wells Fargo
Customer", using Noisebridge's account number and giving "Mitch Altman"
as the recipient's name.

This feature is useful because it's immediately effective and there
are no fees charged to either the sender or the recipient.  I think
customers of other banks could send a wire transfer to Noisebridge,
but for most U.S. banks they would need to go in person to a branch
location, and they would most likely be charged a fee for sending
each transfer.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Wol dir, werlt, daz du bist
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | also freudenriche!