[Noisebridge-discuss] Request: Detailed instructions on the proper way to get things posted to the announce list

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Nov 17 22:30:33 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 01:57:10PM -0800, Rubin Abdi wrote:
> We have this great highly viewed announce list, yet no one uses it to
> announce any of our up coming events and such.
>
> Someone please post instructions on to the wiki with how one could get
> things through to announce, or the chicken gets it. Thanks.

The procedure is, send a well-formatted and error-free mail to
noisebridge-announce@; it'll be held for approval.  If it hasn't been
approved or rejected after 24 hours, you bug noisebridge-announce-owner@
(once a day, not more often) to handle the message.  I have some
confidence that this will flow more freely in the future than it has in
the past.

In related news, please note that we don't allow non-subscribers to post
to our mailing lists.  (For good reason -- this catches a fair amount of
spam.)  Please send mail to noisebridge lists from the address you're
subscribed from, or use the Mailman web interface to add your other
addresses as alternate senders.

Thanks for helping push this through, Rubin.

Anybody -- please feel free to massage this message into appropriate
wiki content.  Maybe a "Mailing Lists" page?

-andy