[Noisebridge-discuss] key access for non-signers

jim jim at well.com
Thu Oct 2 05:18:14 UTC 2008

   audrey has a very good point that people are
enthusiastic now; frustration will likely turn
those feelings sour. something should be done
quickly.
   on the other hand, "if we can't trust each
other..." seems premature: i bet most of us
should get to know each other better.

   al's suggestion to clarify and codify the
members process and dues schedule seems very
important. i second the tho't, and if i can,
third it and fourth it.
   certainly those who get a key should be
willing to have it recorded so, along with
their names and addresses and phones and
emails....

   seems that those who want to work in the
place to get it workable might be the first
set to get keys.
   Give it a few days to see how that sorts
out, then pass out some more keys to those
with immediate plans to work.
   might be smart to keep an eye out for what
kinds of problems might arise.
   some kind of card reader for the door
seems a good idea, a matter addressing wear
of the mechanical lock.