[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: [bayscan] Fleet Week Frequencies

Greg Albrecht gregoryba at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 08:06:30 UTC 2008

for those scanner buffs out there:

-g

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert Sanford <bayscan at comcast.net>
Date: Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 1:23 AM
Subject: [bayscan] Fleet Week Frequencies
To: bayscan at yahoogroups.com

Here was a post from last year regarding frequencies:
Saturday Fleetweek Comms

A big thanks goes to Tim and b52hbuff2001; between their frequency
info
I had an extremely fun time today at the fleet week airshow, and I
think the only freqs I overlooked were the F-16 demonstration team.
The
Blues were a joy to watch, and the Redbull air race was absolutely
phenomonal - I really hope SF can host it again in the future. Here's
what I have from today, Sat. 9/8:

134.7 - Air Boss
--> Plus: Fry's Demonstration Team Primary (The three L-39s), Sean D.
Tucker's freq when he talked to the crowd.

127.3 - "Show Boss"
--> Cleared people in and out of the box, coordinated holding patterns
for the racers and talked to the USCG HH-65 helicopter conducting the
SAR mission that held up the Blue Angels.

125.65 - "Race Control"
--> This guy had such a thick accent!!! But I eventually got good at
discerning their times LOL. Mostly "Kirby - 01, 30 seconds, camera on,
wind 250 at 17.", "Kirby - 01, cleared into the box, smoke on." and
after the run "Kirby - 01, your time is 1 minute 16 seconds, camera
off." Also had a lot of pre-race conversations synching the time and
coordinating traffic with the Red Bull helicopters that dropped
skydivers and overflew the course with cameras.

450.03125 - Red Bull Air Race Announcer Audio.
--> It was great because I watched and photographed the race from the
point that sits right across the Yacht Harbor just opposite the Marina
Green. The PA system was hard to hear from that distance, so I had
this
in my second radio and it was funny to hear them say something on the
scanner a fraction of a second before the PA sound carried all the way
to my location.

124.30 - Golden Gate Traffic
--> Heard little activity, maybe because the TFR/NOTAM/whatever it was
around downtown was pretty big.

305.5 - USN Blue Angels: Fat Albert
--> The C-130 pilot used this freq to talk to their spotter down in
the
crowd while they were orbiting the city waiting to do their demo. He
started talking to his friend down in the crowd, then, when their
spotter told them about the SAR mission holding them up, they actually
offered to join in and help and did some really low level passes along
the coast.

USN Blue Angels: I watched them from the hillside just east up the
stairs and above Fort Mason, which proved an interesting view and
wasn't very crowded, and subsequently Aquatic Park.

284.25 - Delta - All the aircraft in formation.
275.35 - Diamond (1-4).
237.8 - Opposing Solos (5-6).

__._,_.___
Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Members | Calendar
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch
format to Traditional
Recent Activity

 4
New Photos