[Noisebridge-discuss] Black/White-boards (was: [Palo_Alto_CA_Freecycle] OFFER: Plywood - 5 partial sheets (Redwood City) (fwd)) (fwd)

Mikael Vejdemo Johansson mik at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 9 17:01:15 UTC 2008

Given the sporadically appearing needs last Tuesday for somewhere to draw/write
while talking, it seems to me we'd do good to have at least one
whiteboard/blackboard on the premises.

Personally, I'm much in favour of blackboards on principle - however, on this
account, I think that at least both the photographers and the
allergics/asthmatics should have definite veto-rights.

One item that speaks in favour of a blackboard is the existence of chalkboard
paint:
http://www.thegreathardwarestore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=489526&click=2744
(or similar)

Below, I've quoted an email that just arrived on the Palo Alto Freecycle list:
there's a pile of plywood sheets free for the (organized) taking in Redwood
City. If we want and/or need plywood (for instance to paint chalkboard paint
on), I'll be happy to tag the plywood for pickup myself.

--
Mikael Vejdemo Johansson, Dr.rer.nat.  | To see the world in a grain of sand
   Postdoctoral Scholar                 |  And heaven in a wild flower