[Noisebridge-discuss] proposed membership process (pls read if you weren't at last week's meeting)

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Fri Oct 31 22:37:19 UTC 2008

Last Tuesday the membership team proposed a process for membership.
There wasn't a lot of discussion, it seemed most people were fairly
satisfied with it.  I'd like to finalize it at the next meeting so we
can actually begin USING it.

Now, next Tues is election day and a lot of people will probably skip
the Noisebridge meeting in favor of election results.  That's fine; read
over the process now if you haven't already, and either decide it's OK
or email about the changes you'd like to see in it.  You can block a
consensus even if you're not at the meeting, if you let people know up
front that you don't agree.

The proposed membership process is up on the wiki:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Membership_Team#Proposed_Process

The form is linked just above it.

For those of you at the meeting, I made one change to the membership
form, after Mitch reminded me we have to have a tiny amount of legalese.

"I, the underhacked, promise to be excellent to people."

=>

"I, the underhacked, confirm that the information here is true and
correct; and I promise to be excellent to people."

Anyone want to make any changes?

Rachel