[Noisebridge-discuss] Re: Draft Finance Policy

Meredith L. Patterson mlp at thesmartpolitenerd.com
Wed Oct 1 19:34:35 UTC 2008

Andy Isaacson wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 11:34:12AM -0700, Meredith L. Patterson wrote:
>> Also, a friend of mine pinged me yesterday to let me know that a lab in
>> the building where he works is going under and they have a lot of stuff
>> for free. I'm borrowing a car on Friday and will be going on a
>> scavenging mission. Will anyone be in the space on Friday afternoon? If
>> so, I can drop stuff off then.
>
> Yes, I can be at Noisebridge on Friday afternoon given a few hours
> warning.

Ok, great. I got my broken phone replaced, so I can give you a heads-up;
it may be more like early evening depending on what traffic on the
bridge is like.

I've also added some workshop ideas to the chemistry page
(https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php/Chemistry). One of them is "build
a rotary evaporator", which we can do pretty easily from the original
1950s-era paper which presented the idea, but I'd like to point out that
someone is selling a Buchi rotavap for $50 plus $36.50 in shipping on
ebay,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=160287011145.
I can't afford this right now and it looks like it comes without the
glassware, but the glassware can be had piecemeal and this is an
*insanely* cheap price for this kind of equipment -- new, they are well
over $1000. If some civic-minded person wanted to pick this up for the
lab, that would be incredible.

--mlp