[Noisebridge-discuss] key access for non-signers

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Thu Oct 2 04:17:05 UTC 2008

Rachel McConnell wrote:
> I don't have a suggestion about this one.  I admit I'm hoping that we'll
> get incorporated TOMORROW and the problem goes away.  It also appears
> that progress is being made on the electronic card access project.

Even if we're incorporated tomorrow, we still need to change the lease.
And even if we change the lease, we need to get insurance. As I
understand the concern, Noah and you are worried about being held
personally responsible.

How will incorporation tomorrow change this concern? Or is this not a
concern for you?

> Can people wait for keys a couple more days?  Is this just Jake and me
> butting heads on behalf of nobody?  What do you all think?

Yes, I think people can wait. I however think we're pissing people off
and it's a poor idea. We're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist
and this is a bad idea. A number of people are unhappy with the course
of action taken thus far, many people felt we reached a consensus and
are confused.

I hope others will reply.

Best,
Jake