[Noisebridge-discuss] darkroom at the noisebridge space

Shannon Clark shannon.clark at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 11:43:04 UTC 2008

I also haven't used a darkroom is quite a while.

A few thoughts:

1. How hard would it be to figure out a way to print from digital photos? (I
suspect the answer here is "fairly" - but it might be a really nifty project
to figure out how to do something) all of my photography in recent years has
been digital.

2. On a perhaps more viable front, while I'm unlikely to go back to 35mm
film, I have a very nifty medium format camera (nifty in that it is a
Chinese brand version of a Hasselblad - but much, much cheaper) which I
might start using again, I assume we'll probably be able to handle film in a
variety of formats?

Shannon

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 4:20 AM, Mitch Altman <maltman23 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Way awesome!  I haven't made prints in many years, but if we have a
> darkroom at Noisebridge, I'll buy some B&W film and get good at it again.
>
> Thanks,
> Mitch.
>

> ----------------------
> > Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 02:16:14 -0700
> > From: audrey at lostinthenoise.net
> > To: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> > Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] darkroom at the noisebridge space
>

> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > I'm working on plans to build a black and white darkroom in the space
> > under the stairs. I updated the wiki with information about it
> > (https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php/Darkroom). A complete darkroom
> > set was donated to Noisebridge, so the darkroom should be ready to use
> > fairly soon. I plan on bringing a bunch of black and white paper for
> > anyone to use (it's possibly expired, but probably fine for learning
> > and experimenting).
> >
> > It will be awesome to have a place to print and to teach others about
> > photography. I would like to teach photography workshops (shooting,
> > film development, printing....) as well as offer darkroom help
> > whenever I'm around. In conversation, a few people have expressed
> > interest in darkroom work and in photography in general. Anyone who
> > is interested, please reply to this email so I can get a sense of how
> > many people would want to attend a workshop or just make use of the
> > space.
> >
> > - Audrey

Founder, Nearness Function - brand advertising & sponsorships

Blog: Slow Brand - http://slowbrand.com