[Noisebridge-discuss] darkroom at the noisebridge space

Audrey Penven audrey at lostinthenoise.net
Fri Oct 3 19:34:23 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 10:00 AM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

>   good to know. is it possible to hook up a
> computer to a projector to present an image
> to some photosensitive goopy thing in a bath
> (e.g. photo paper, copper with mask, silk
> screen with mask...)? if so, what's the
> etiquette of chemical and bath management
> (share or use separate equipment)?

We'll need to figure out the details of each chemical process that
will happen in the space.  I imagine that some of them will be
compatible, use the same chemicals, and otherwise coexist nicely.
Some of them, not so much.  We can make sure to have a bunch of trays
on hand, labeled with the chemical bath they can hold.

As far as disposal goes - regular developer and stop baths can be
mixed together and poured down the drain safely.  Fixer needs more
care.  I believe that Rayko takes used fixer and recycles it for a
fee.  I'll find out the details of this.