[Noisebridge-discuss] Donation request: typesetter's cabinet

Brian Ferrell endenizen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 21:20:20 UTC 2008

> This would be PERFECT for Noisebridge storage -- components, doohickeys,
> doodads, and so on.  The drawers slide easily on their rails with no
> binding, and the trays come out entirely.

This would work for some parts and be relatively awkward for others.
ie: knobs, pots, switches, other slightly-larger items. (while I write
this I'm picturing the component cabinets at radio shack that are
similar in design but provide more space for each tray)

I've always liked the look of straightforward component cabinets.
They're cheap. You can see what's inside them. They're smaller so,
easier to move around, stack up, take up less space, etc. Easier to
label and therefore find what you need quickly. We can also start
small, get one or two, then see how quickly we use up the space.

http://www.elexp.com/ics_3200.htm

The link above is obviously for a "pre-loaded" cabinet but you get the
idea (although, perhaps we could jump-start our collection with one of
these). Do these have another name? I'm trying to find a supplier but
not having much luck.

-Brian