[Noisebridge-discuss] Internet was down, now back; FYI

jim jim at well.com
Sat Oct 4 01:12:44 UTC 2008

   at my house, i've given up on wi-fi. the access
points regularly wedge and the neighbors manage to
get on despite passwords enabled.
<technobabble>
   i have a gizmo that combines a router, wi-fi
access point, and four-port switch in a single
device. i'm willing to stick it down there.
   one configuration you might consider is to use
this with wi-fi disabled (or use some other
non-wi-fi router) to connect to the DSL-internet
and then connect the existing access point to the
router to provide a subnet (for instance the
primary router would support 192.168.1.0 and the
access point supporting something like 192.168.2.0.
</technobabble>