[Noisebridge-discuss] Donation request: typesetter's cabinet

Erinn Clark erinn at double-helix.org
Sat Oct 4 02:10:19 UTC 2008

* Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> [2008:10:03 10:40 -0700]:
> This feels a little grandiose, but the idea is *so* *cool* I just can't
> pass up the opportunity...
>
> slee and I stopped at X-21 yesterday for inspiration.  The best thing we
> saw there was a typesetter's cabinet somewhat like this one:
>
> http://www.modern50.com/furniture/hamilton-typesetters-cabinet/
>
> except in steel.  Each drawer is partitioned into ~80 small
> compartments.

I actually have one of these, albeit a much smaller version (which I use
for perfume oil storage). I'm pretty sure I got it at X-21 and I know
they had larger versions, so I just checked their website:

http://sultana.1stdibs.com/search.php?cat=E

There are a few on there[0] and they're fairly expensive, but they're also
local.

0. http://sultana.1stdibs.com/itemdetails.php?id=140149 for example.

I thought they had wood ones too -- mine is wood, but it is also really
small, comparatively, and it was $90.