[Noisebridge-discuss] linoleum feelings?

Shannon Clark shannon.clark at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 17:35:21 UTC 2008

It should be possible to get bamboo flooring that is a click & lock system
so should be relatively easy to install.

Probably the cheapest route would be to find someone who did home
renovations and has extras, ideally of a brand that Home Depot sells if they
don't have quite enough to fill the space upstairs. When I checked a few
days ago there were many people on Craigslist in the greater bay area with
excess flooring from past renovations for sale, a few who had bamboo.

As I noted, I would also seriously consider a rubber or cork floor option
(or I also saw one person with flooring that was specifically designed to be
static free - however it was also seemingly more of a pain to install
correctly and quite industrial in look). It looks like rubber floors (such
as are found in many gyms) would be fairly affordable. Cork would probably
be more costly (saw only a handful of people selling cork on Craigslist and
not at as much of a serious discount as you usually see - though who knows
how much room for negotiation there is.

With any hard surface flooring it would certainly be quite easy to have a
rug in the chill area.

A separate point to consider is what we want to do along the stairs.

Shannon