[Noisebridge-discuss] electrical upgrade info on wiki

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Oct 7 18:45:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 11:11:19AM -0700, jim wrote:
> the plan for upgrading electricity in 83c
> is on the discussion (talk) page here:
>
> https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php/Talk:Electricity_Upgrade
>
> caveat: it is mainly a boring detail of pipes
> and wires, with some more general, possibly
> interesting ideas at bottom.

I have added one response to the Talk page:

    The loft will have two large electric users -- soldering irons, and
    rackmount computers.  I would expect a max of 5 200W soldering irons
    in use (call it 10 Amps), and a max of 10 machines at 200w each, or
    about 17 A.  (Some of the machines will draw more but most will draw
    less.) We should verify the specs on the large UPS that's upstairs.
    There will also be misc users like lab gear, maybe another 5A to be
    generous.

-andy