[Noisebridge-discuss] General Meeting Notes 7 October 2008 --JimComments

jim jim at well.com
Wed Oct 8 23:55:43 UTC 2008

   Thank you, david, for the big job of writing all
that down.
   not to cause trouble, rather to help: a couple
of points.

* i plan to do electricity upgrades thursday and
friday (and other days). initial work will be just
to add circuits for the fishbowl workshop.
   a couple of people verbally have told me they
support my purchase of parts as going toward my
monthly dues. I cannot afford to pay monthly dues
and buy a few hundred dollars of electrical parts.
   IF YOU OBJECT, please say so now, and i will
pay my three months' dues to someone and then ask
for money to go buy the parts and do what i can
with what parts i can buy.
   (i am currently unemployed and have been for
months; i like it that way, but money is tight.)
   had i been able to attend after shannon brought
keys, i would have stood up while jake talked.
   if you have an interest in what's happening
with electrical upgrades, please read the wiki
discussion (talk) page:
https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php/Talk:Electricity_Upgrade
   the "real" page is a little awry wrt
predicting what'll happen:
https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php/Electricity_Upgrade

* wells fargo, at least for corporate business
accounts, wants a minimum of $4000 in the account.
if the balance falls below that, WF charges $16
per month ($192 per year if account always falls
short). there are other banks that have easier
policies (WaMu, now a proud member of the Chase
Banking family, provides free checking and debit
for commercial accounts).