[Noisebridge-discuss] space status

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Oct 13 08:42:51 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 01:36:01AM -0700, C C wrote:
> How often do earthquakes happen, let alone major/catastrophic ones?

It's a low probability high damage sort of possibility.  I do not want
to be sitting at the table and have a half ton of sheet steel and
science projects decide to get in my lap.

There hasn't been a "knock shelves over" earthquake in the 4 years I've
been living here.  Nevertheless, I always strap my bookshelves.
Statistics say we're likely to get a big one in the next few decades.

Earthquake Straps -- Not Just a Good Idea, they're the Law.

-andy