[Noisebridge-discuss] maybe something else we don't want in the space

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Fri Oct 17 19:17:43 UTC 2008

Regarding antiquated hardware in general, I'd like to see Noisebridge at
some point host a one-day "drop off your old crap" recycle-fest.  I'm
sure everyone and their grandparents have some old hardware they don't
want any more and would like to get rid of responsibly.

To be clear, I do NOT in any way propose we become a donation station
generally.  A one-day, limited event, with some kind of parameters like:

* we'd do the research up front to find out where to take the various
things (possibly just ACCRC)
* we rent a truck to take the things to wherever
* if it will cost us money to get rid of, we collect that from the
person dropping off the item
* we get to pick through it first ;)

We're not ready to do this for a while yet so I'm not suggesting a time
or asking for volunteers, but this thread made me think of it so I'm
just putting the idea out.

Rachel