[Noisebridge-discuss] parts store?

Meredith L. Patterson mlp at thesmartpolitenerd.com
Tue Sep 23 07:46:07 UTC 2008

Is there anyplace in the city (or east bay) to buy discrete components
and ICs that's accessible via public transit? I used to go to Jameco
back when I had a car, but it's impossible to get to without one. Radio
Shack doesn't carry anything useful, and while I could order from Mouser
or Digi-Key, I'd feel kind of stupid paying more in shipping than I will
in parts. (I need a shift register, 74HC164 or equivalent, and a
7-segment LED driver; if anyone has one they're not using, I'll be glad
to take it off your hands.)

Cheers,
--mlp