[Noisebridge-discuss] Finances and renting a space

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Fri Sep 26 02:35:32 UTC 2008

Hi,

It looks like we're now in a brief fund raising mode and we're about
$1000 away from being solid. We've (many people on the irc channel and
most of the board) hopefully decided on renting the space discussed today.

There are two blockers for tomorrow (landlord not included):

	We need a single clean credit report
	We need rent and deposit

David Molnar and Al Billings have just handed me two checks ($1000USD
each). Andy has promised $500 this week and $500 next week. That puts us
about $1000 short of first months rent and deposit.

It would be good if we could have six months of operating costs in the
bank. It would probably also be good if we had a bank. ;-)

If you've previously committed to contributing money, now is the time!

We have the following people and amounts listed (
https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php/Finances) :

# Al Billings up to $150/mo and $500 start-up.
# Matt up to $100/mo and $500 start-up.
# adi up to $500/mo for 6 months, $300/mo ongoing, and $1000 start-up.
# JakeAppelbaum up to $500/mo for 6 months, $300/mo ongoing, and $1000
start-up.
# NateLawson at least $100/mo and $500 start-up
# marc up to $250/mo and $500 start-up
# Davidfine $40/mo and my time
# Mitch up to $150/mo and $500 start-up.
# Rachel $150/mo ongoing, $1000 startup.
# Al Sweigart $30/mo and $150 start-up.
# Noah Balmer $100/mo

Contact myself, Mitch, David, Rachel, etc -

Tomorrow we'll hopefully haggle with the landlady on a good price for
the space. If all goes well, we'll have a space in time for our next
meeting!

Best,
Jake