[Noisebridge-discuss] meeting for SF ExCEL after-school program today at 3pm

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 2 17:57:14 UTC 2009

Reminder:

What:  meeting for creating a proposal for the after-school program for the SF school system

When:  today, 3pm

Where:  Noisebridge,  83C Wiese, San Francisco, CA  94103

Who:  anyone interested in teaching in, or creating a proposal for, the after-school program

We're having a meeting today at 3pm at Noisebridge to come up with a first pass of a curriculum for the San Francisco after-school program (called ExCEL).

Anyone interested in being part of the collaborative effort, please come, if you have time.  It would be great if we could make a good start on the proposal to send to the SFUSD (Unified School District).

If you don't have time to come to the meeting today, but would like to be part of the collaboration, please don't fret -- we'll post the results of this meeting on the wiki page for this, and we'll most likely be having another meeting to nail down details.

Please note that the after-school program will pay teachers to teach.  The amount is unclear, and if we ask too much in our proposal, we will probably be rejected.  This will be part of our discussion at the meeting.

Here is the wiki page for our proposal for the ExCEL program (including an example proposal that the SFUSD emailed me):

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Sfusd_excel_program

Mitch.