[Noisebridge-discuss] ML Meetup, tonight, 8PM!

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Wed Apr 8 23:24:00 UTC 2009

This is your usual last-minute reminder for the weekly machine
learning workshop at noisebridge.

Tonight, we'll be using a neural network library to do classification,
and hopefully working up to some light-duty OCR.  If not, well, it's
homework: this is the last neural networks session for a while.
Praveen has been patiently waiting to do a series on support vector
machines (SVMs), and I'm keen on taking a break from presenting.

If you have a few minutes before the meeting, it would be great if you
could install libfann:

  http://leenissen.dk/fann/

It's a trivial install on most linuxes, available in most package
management systems.  You'll also want to install the bindings for your
language of choice: there are plenty to choose from the website, and
many of them are in package management systems (ubuntu lacks a ruby
gem; you want to just use 'gem install ruby-fann' for this one).

This is our last neural networks session for a while, so be sure to
come if you're interested in neural networks!
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com