[Noisebridge-discuss] streaming video, teleconferencing and more

Praveen Sinha dmhomee at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 22:29:51 UTC 2009

So my next questions to you all -- noisebridge is starting to produce some
really cool sounding sessions and I can only make a small percentage of
stuff I'd like to be involved in.  I don't have a lot of video experience,
but:

1) Anyone have any suggestions/designs for some sort of rig we could use to
capture video/audio of events, for the purpose of streaming online?

2) I think it would be amazing to be able to videoconference with other
hackerspaces (or whomever) on the wall...  With the projector, and skype,
this could be really straightforward... But are there better approaches?  My
employer, for example, has a room called "Virtual Isabel", where the room is
replicated in second life, and people in the physical room talk with the
avatars in the virtual room, and the virtual room sees a live stream of the
physical room...

If anyone has any thoughts of on this, let me know (mostly flinging jello to
see what sticks)...

Love,
Praveen