[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Ot but a great class Latex Fashion

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 01:56:26 UTC 2009

This comes highly recommended.

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* "lists at themoralminority.net" <lists at themoralminority.net>
*Date:* April 15, 2009 5:11:25 PM PDT
*To:* <mizpoon at burningart.com>mizpoon at burningart.com
*Subject:* *Latex Fashion School- CORRECTION- APRIL 30TH!! (not May 30th)*
*Reply-To:* <lists at themoralminority.net>lists at themoralminority.net

       LATEX FASHION SCHOOL

Don't miss this rare opportunity to learn how to make your own latex clothes
from one of the best in the business!

Thursday APRIL 30th 7-10pm
Mission Control 2519 Mission Street

   <http://../>

*This is the only place in the world where you can learn the trade secrets
of latex fashion*

Polly Pandemonium of the Moral Minority is hosting a class in Latex clothing
construction, where you can learn everything from basic construction to
decorative ruffles. Even if you don't have the time to make your own
clothes, this class will teach you the insider tips on how to spot a well
made latex garment, making you an educated shopper and a discerning latex
buyer. You will also learn how to repair split garments, making maintenance
of your own latex collection easy.

If you do have time to make your own clothes, then this latex class opens up
a whole world of opportunities! Soon you will be making affordable, custom
made latex garments for yourself.

Latex is an incredibly quick and easy fabric to work with once you know the
basics.

Previous dressmaking experience is *not* necessary.

The class is an intensive 3-hour workshop and show and tell where Polly will
teach you all the insiders tips and trade secrets. You will leave with
materials and instructions to make your own latex garment!

*Previously this class has been offered for $350, BUT take advantage of this
special deal and participate in this workshop for just $200!*

*Register now by emailing <pollysuperstar at gmail.com>pollysuperstar at gmail.com
*

*You will actually leave with all the materials to make an item of clothing!
If you are quick, you may even finish it in the class (boys can make shorts
and girls can make skirts -or vice versa!)*

This 3-hour class is designed to teach you the basics including:
Adjusting normal patterns into latex patterns
Where to buy latex and the rest of the things you need
How to cut latex
What glues to use
How to prepare the surfaces
How to glue seams (and not have them pull apart)
How to set in a zipper
How to put in sleeves
How to do decorative ruffles and flounces
How to applique
Trade secrets and tips

*
*

“Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and your skills about latex
design and garment construction. I had such a blast! Thank you for the
opportunity to learn from you.” Monica

“Thanks again for teaching the latex classes. I hope you do more, because
youre a great teacher and I’d like to take the advanced class a second time!
I’m also excited about a possible corset workshop!”- Mistress Helena

“Thank you so much for being willing to share your knowledge with the latex
garment making. It is inspiring me and getting me to think in different
ways. I enjoy the material very much -now the “secret” is out!”- Theresa

--

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration.