[Noisebridge-discuss] sewing machine & sewing intro?

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Sun Apr 19 23:24:12 UTC 2009

The Cyborg people are using the sewing machine and there is interest
here, at least, in other things along these lines:

* how do you run this thing?
* what's a serger & why?
* I only need to do X, what's the best way?
* can I sew this to that?
* no wai how do u program it

I'm considering hosting an evening of getting-to-know the sewing
machine, with additional loaner machines including a serger, and a bunch
of scrap fabric & such to mess around with.  Could easily include some
basic conductive fabric techniques as well.  The idea being to
de-mystify the whole sewing concept and make it something reasonable to
consider using in your projects.

If I get a couple +1's, I'll make a wiki page!  Yay more wiki pages!

Rachel