[Noisebridge-discuss] Painting the door at 83c (seeking aiders and abettors)

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Mon Apr 20 18:52:15 UTC 2009

After the tagging incident in January, there was some talk of maybe
putting a throwup on the front door to prevent future graffiti.  It
was a good idea, but hasn't really been followed up on.

(https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2009-January/002337.html
History, if you're curious/new.)

What would people think of building a drawbot/whiteboard plotter,
equipping it with paint pens, and letting it have at the front door?
If it works well, we could possibly do murals on the walls inside the
space with it as well =)

Here's one example of a drawbot; you can find more from the page:

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/04/yet_another_whiteboard_ro.html

It seems like it should be simple enough to assemble.  Who wants to
learn about motor controllers, microcontrollers, and art by working on
a pretty quick project?  This shouldn't take more than three meetups
once we have the parts, and then noisebridge has something random and
awesome to hang from the wall as meta-art.

We'd also need some artists to do designs; anybody want to help there?
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com