[Noisebridge-discuss] Got Art? I want it.

Marnia Johnston marnia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 20:07:44 UTC 2009

Got an art project you're working on that needs a place to shine? Have a
piece in the closet that lacks an audience? I'm looking for artwork for the
Robogames Art Exhibition and I want your awesome, inventive works of
technological art for display. I'm also interested in works-in-progress,
cool projects that need a little polish (or elbow grease) and artists that
just need a little encouragement. The work doesn't have to be a robot to get
in, and it doesn't have to move. It could be a static sculpture, pyrotechnic
sculpture or it could be a kinetic mechanical work.

I've pasted our call for participants below. If you aren't sure if you're
work fits or have questions, please feel free to contact me with your
concerns.
Looking forward to your ideas,
Marnia Johnston
Curator
Robogames Art Exhibition

The ROBOGAMES Art Exhibition will show case the artistic qualities that are
possible in robotic and kinetic art. Some examples of what we are looking
for are: static sculpture, kinetic sculpture, bar-tending robots, musical
robots, robots that paint and any works that incorporate or look like they
incorporate mechanical or technological attributes.

Radio controlled works and pyro-kinetic works are also encouraged to apply.
Pyro-kinetic works will be for display only but may perform opening night.
Please include power requirements, wireless, or RC frequency, performance
space and a tentative performance schedule (for kinetic works. For example:
10’x10’ space with one hour performances twice a day).

The artist will be responsible for the transportation of their artwork to
and from the exhibition. Artists will also be responsible for any and all
supplies and travel expenses. ROBOGAMES can provide help with transportation
costs depending on need. The ROBOGAMES Art Exhibition open call will run
until May 8th 2009.

For contacts, terms, conditions & application form, please visit
http://www.robogames.net/. If you have questions concerning the event please
send your questions to marnia at gmail.com.