[Noisebridge-discuss] Next Tuesday meeting

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 22:31:36 UTC 2009

I'm going to make a few more changes to the meeting on Tuesday.  Past
meetings have lasted as little as 75 minutes.  I want to get this down to
30-45 minutes.  It should not be long.  It should not be painful.  We should
party afterwards to celebrate.  Or perhaps just gather and gossip amongst
ourselves and get to know the new people who invariably show up to these
things despite our best efforts otherwise.

So, to that end, how about everyone put what they want to talk about up on
the wiki in advance.  There won't be time to ponder anything you want to
bring up, so you need to be ready to go.  Or better yet, ask yourself if it
really is something that needs to be brought up at a meeting at all.  Maybe
you can just get a few NB friends together and get stuff done?

Ongoing events?  You get a mention and a time announced.  You'll need to
come up with some other way to entice people to your project.  Consensus
items?  We need a simple clear statement for people to agree to or they get
bumped to "discussion".  If we're agreeing on something, everyone should
already know what it is.

Discussion, of course, is the sticky point.  I'm inclined, if we have
lengthy discussion on anything, to advocate the formation of a committee of
people who care, so as to not make everyone else sit through something only
you are interested in.  This will come quick and will be fierce, so be
prepared.

So if our meeting starts reasonably on time (I like to be within 15 of
proposed start time!), lasts less than an hour and you're late, you very
well could miss it!  But that's OK, you should come anyway and be social.
Maybe bring snacks or drinks or something.  We should definitely do
something more than business on a Tuesday night and ideally, it'll be short
enough that we won't

Christie

---
Too long a sacrifice