[Noisebridge-discuss] Jackson Arms (shooting range) trip tonight 3/31 @7pm

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Wed Apr 1 20:19:20 UTC 2009

Josh Perfetto wrote:
> Jacob,
>
> I'd just like to remind you that I personally reached out to you in an email
> regarding DIYBio's use of the NB space on March 9th - you never responded.

Hi Josh,

I didn't have time to reply to your email personally, I was traveling to
Germany (and onward to India) at the time. I forwarded it on to some
other Noisebridge people and I promptly flagged it for reply later. I
conjectured that if it was needed, I would address it when I returned.
It seemed like a reply wasn't required and I assumed (incorrectly
perhaps) that you'd either received a reply or one was no longer required.

I apologize for that mistake, I should have send the following:

As a note on the power structure of Noisebridge, I do not run
Noisebridge. We're a Member driven and Member funded community. We make
decisions based on a cacophony of consensus, we're not a top down
organization. Please do take your thoughts over to the people (forward
that previous email over, if you'd like) on the noisebridge-discuss list
or come to a Tuesday meeting; we only make binding decisions after a
week of sitting on them.

It may be the case that no decisions need to be made, it may also be the
case that DIYBio is a group that needs to find its own home. If you want
to hack on Bio related things at Noisebridge, please feel free to come
to Noisebridge. Lots of our members are interested in bio hacking. Come
see what we're about and how we go about things, perhaps this is a place
to cross pollinate. However, we're not a community center for renting or
a gym for part time use. The effort required to be a part of Noisebridge
is different than the norm, it requires something special from everyone
but it is by no means unattainable.

Don't take the cheap shot at the fridge as anything personal. It was a joke.

Regards,
Jacob