[Noisebridge-discuss] FYI Safari Books Online on SFPL

Jennifer DarmstadtHolm estro at surrealityinc.com
Thu Apr 2 18:45:10 UTC 2009

Also, access to academic/professional journal articles that used to be really only available to universities or companies willing to pay the high subscription fee are becoming available through various changes in the publishing industry.

Hindawi, fer instance, has a large section of engineering and science journals open now (ideology info: http://www.hindawi.com/oa.html. Not all journals are open access, and some of the titles haven't started being published yet, but still. Sample journal: http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ahci/volume-2008/  Click through to the articles and select full text pdf.)

Mirth.

-jen