[Noisebridge-discuss] Reminder: Membership team meeting tonight, 6PM

jim jim at well.com
Wed Apr 8 00:34:09 UTC 2009

   best i can tell, those are the only good reasons
for de-member-ification. social and psychological
and personal stress points don't seem appropriate
for d-m-i (is there a way to hack that stuff?). i
guess there's physically dangerous behavior (e.g.
hacking nitro-glycerin, police cars...).
   should there be some r-m-i for those who've been
d-m-i-ed, or should d-m-i-ers have to come back
through the same process as strangers to the group?

   the groups i've been involved with had a strict
concensus rule: any objection stalled forward
progress. it was occasionally a matter of whimsy,
but not often, usually some personal edge that was
felt threatened--the process forced resolution of
whatever seemingly weird issue the objector had in
mind, which seems, as i look back, excellent.