[Noisebridge-discuss] On The Subject of Books

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Apr 8 19:07:25 UTC 2009

J. Stella Anita Worley writes:

> Observing all the recent discussions regarding books of late, and perceiving
> a need for a certain degree of tracking and organizing, would anyone be
> opposed to my cataloging the library?
>
> I think something as simple as a LibraryThing
> <http://www.librarything.com/>account (which I will happily donate,
> and is easily exported into other
> formats) would go a long way in informing everyone of what's available when
> they're not actually in the space, and help with donations, duplications,
> etc.

I'm a happy LibraryThing user and I particularly like that they will
import and export all kinds of data.  I was previously thinking of
trying to do this exact thing for the Noisebridge library, but never
got around to it.

This reminds me of the question of whether we also want to have a
bookplate.  I think I had suggested the legend "EX LIBRIS PONTIS
STREPITUS - LIBERALES INTER VOS ESTOTE"; maybe someone could do a
design based on this if people like it.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Wol dir, werlt, daz du bist
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | also freudenriche!