[Noisebridge-discuss] Meeting Optimization

Jeffrey Malone ieatlint at tehinterweb.com
Thu Apr 9 02:50:01 UTC 2009

I fear that this thread has suffered, in part, exactly what the
problem is with meetings.

I suggest that people who are slated to lead meetings read through
these, and decide for themselves what they like.  When it comes time
for them to lead a meeting, I encourage them to simply enforce
moderation as they see fit.
If they feel an issue is taking too long, they should simply decide
themselves to move on and let those impassioned on the issue to form a
committee to work out their issues.

If we try to do some sort of committee on changing meeting formats and
then propose it to the group for consensus, we'll ultimately end up
with the "too many cooks in the kitchen" issue.
So for simplicity, and the enjoyment of all through shorter meetings,
I encourage those leading meetings to moderate them strictly.

Jeffrey