[Noisebridge-discuss] Big LED Screen - potential upgrade?

d p chang weasel at meer.net
Fri Apr 10 15:24:19 UTC 2009

nils at shkoo.com writes:

> I'm thinking about redoing it and going "balls to the wall" and making
> it able to do full motion video (albeit in shades of red) and
> networking by putting in a real processor such as an ARM.  How cool
> would it be to be able to log into our sign over SSH?

we have some (as in, stacks) marvell 8618 dev boards taking up space at
work. (hmmm... i should check that they haven't already been sent to the
recycler).

i know that they aren't completely populated w/ peripherals, but you'd
have a 200mhz arm 5te + wireless/usb/serial/gpios (these are on the
board but some pins are hard to get to from the bga so there are fewer
gpios than the datasheet lists).

\p
---
If your eyes hurt after you drink coffee, you have to take the spoon out
of the cup. --- Norm Crosby