[Noisebridge-discuss] Big LED Screen - potential upgrade?

nils at shkoo.com nils at shkoo.com
Sat Apr 11 18:20:08 UTC 2009

Now I found "beagle board", which looks like:

256 MB RAM
256 MB flash
$150

It uses the TI OMAP 3530 instead of the atmel chip, which looks like it
has 4 SPI interfaces available that support DMA.

According to http://beagleboard.org/static/BBSRM_latest.pdf the expansion
connector exports the following pins:

McBSP3_DX      MMC2_DAT7
McBSP3_CLKX    MMC2_DAT6
McBSP3_FSX     MMC2_DAT5
McBSP3_DR      MMC2_DAT4
McBSP1_FSX     MMC2_DAT3
McBSP1_DR      MMC2_DAT1
McBSP1_CLKR    MMC2_DAT0
McBSP1_FSR     MMC2_CMD
I2C2_SCL       MMC2_CLK0
nReset         I2C2_SDA

Due to pin sharing, it looks like the following pins can used to be access
SPI3 and SPI4:

MMC2_CLK0   -> McSPI3_CLK
MMC2_CMD    -> McSPI3_SIMO
McBSP3_CLKR -> McSPI4_CLK
McBSP1_DX   -> McSPI4_SIMO

Rock on.  I think this one is my new favorite.  Hopefully I'm not missing
anything.

As a bonus, I can include it with my next digikey order.  Convenient!

-nils