[Noisebridge-discuss] looking for a package...

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Apr 14 00:43:57 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 05:21:45PM -0700, Ani Niow wrote:
> I ordered a bunch of parts from Mcmaster-Carr last week and had them
> shipped to Noisebridge, there were two shipments and I've received one
> but not the other. Tracking says they were both delivered at the same
> time but I have no idea where the other one is. It weighs about a
> pound and has a bunch of fastners and whatnot inside so it should be
> noisy when shaken.
>
> If anyone sees it, please put it on my shelf, they're kind of
> important items and I'd rather not make another order...

Doh, sorry to hear your package may have gone missing...

Just in general, don't order packages to 83c if you actually care about
getting them on time.  McMaster-Carr in particular uses a local shipping
company who have nonexistent online tracking (but they're probably
cheaper than FedEx, and they're local.)

Call McMaster, give them the order number and have them check on the
package.  The last time this happened to me, the package was marked
"delivered" -- to McMaster's return shipping facility in SoCal.  I had
them reship it to my work office and all was good.

-andy