[Noisebridge-discuss] ida

d p chang weasel at meer.net
Sat Apr 18 21:11:21 UTC 2009

"Dr. Jesus" <j at hug.gs> writes:

> On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 06:49:17AM -0700, d p chang wrote:
>> at chris paget's rfid talk someone was talking about ida (probably *the*
>> reversing engine today).
>
> It's not the only reversing tool.

true. for 'regular' stuff objdump works just about as well.

> I like to think of it as the emacs of reversing.

:-)

> HTE can also do one trick IDA can't, which is to modify binaries in
> situ.

that's pretty cool. i miss taht sort of fun from the days when softice
was king (it may still be, but i haven't done that sort of stuff for a
long while).

\p
---
If you're never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take
any chances. --- Julia Sorel