[Noisebridge-discuss] Help with Eagle CAD

Lamont Lucas lamont at cluepon.com
Tue Apr 21 21:38:47 UTC 2009

Just the free one till I get someone to pay me for a design, then I'll
switch to the paid version.

For boards, I looked at 33each.com (4pcb, advanced circuits) if I need
them in a hurry, but the next batch I'm submitting will use
batchpcb.com, from SparkFun, since they're cheaper for small
quantities.  ($2.50 per square inch)

I have no personal experience with batchpcb.com, and one of the
sfMicrocontroller people said they'd screwed up an order, but if you can
wait 2+ weeks, I think they're the cheapest.  (and I really need the
soldermask)

btw, I tried gEDA and found it to be painful.  It's possible to use open
source tools, and at the very least you can check your work with the pcb
viewer, but it was beyond my skill level at the time.