[Noisebridge-discuss] digikey order?

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Thu Apr 23 19:37:43 UTC 2009

Andy Isaacson wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 12:10:56PM -0700, d p chang wrote:
>> on that note, i didn't check all of the bins upstairs, but do people
>> here use surface mount stuff? i've been getting the minimum order size
>> for caps/resistors/etc from digikey, but would be willing to front for
>> some of the sets (1206 and maybe 603) if people would get use out of
>> them.
>
> I like surface mount, and would greatly appreciate some basic stock of
> the big stuff.  Turns out 0402 is really hard to handwork without a real
> bench scope, who knew...

I'd  have answered this question with "Let's stick with DIP because most
of the NB use is prototyping" but luckily you replied first :)

Is there a standard way to do breadboarding with surface mount parts?
Alternately, I suppose, we could try to keep both package styles around
where applicable.  Or just not worry about it.